Tuesday, March 11, 2008

iNTERViEWS

Have you achieved your American Dream?

Brenda Long:
I believe that I have achieved the American Dream that I have set for my self. It was not an easy journey but I made the most of what I have to make the best of every situation. I went to school for what I wanted, physical therapy, and that is what I am doing today.

Neighbor:
My American Dream was to become a successful business man and to have a loving family, and that is just what I have. It took some time to get here I am today but I am here. There were some people who tired to bring me down but I stood strong and looked at all these experiences as life's lessons. and because of this I now have a loving wife, kids, grand kids, I'm stable financially and I am able to enjoy all the finer things in life.

Daniel Hands:
When I was a child I had many dreams but I was not always on the right track to achieve them. I tired my very best to make something of myself. I can say that I have not fulfilled my American Dream, but today I am still trying to achieve my Dream.
---------------------
This is my dad and I know that he is very hardworking and things might not have been the best for him growing up but I know he strives to make the best of what he is haned. When having this conversation my dad was not defensive but I realized that even though he tries the dream my be out of reach, which makes things harder for him to reach.

2 comments:

J.Jones said...

After reading your interviews I noticed that two of your three interviewees seem to be satisfied in where they are in their American Dream, however one still says that he is try to reach it. I feel that many people do no think that they have reached their dreams because they compare themselves to the many succesful people around them. However, the standard for the American Dream has changed so much over time that different people have different outlooks as to where they are in life and where they intend to be in the end.

Ms. Micallef said...

Danielle

How have your expanded your dialogue with interviewees based on class discussion?

Can you do more?

Micallef